unable to write flashrom, functionality broken?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Feb 3 17:34:30 EST 2011

Michael Büsch wrote:
> > Well something is causing the failure and if the ubuntu/linux code-
> > base wasn't such a mess I'd go through and fix it myself.
>
> I'm wondering to what mess you are referring.

For someone whose only exposure to Linux is picking up a Ubuntu CD
a Linux system as a whole is a horrible mess. Part of it is the fact
that so many different components (packages if you like) are
involved, and there's no way to document all of that so well in a
single page executive summary, rather it's more like a week
curriculum.

> I don't think the SPROM writing code is that bad.

I believe that the b43 code is really good. Finding it and figuring
out what other code is relevant is the hard part.

It's very easy to explain the neccessary parts to someone skilled,
it's also easy to discover independently for the skilled person, but
doing that discovery alone will take a long time.

//Peter