[Bug]No probe response from after 500ms, disconnecting.

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:39:33 EDT 2011

W dniu 27 sierpnia 2011 22:42 użytkownik Rafał Miłecki
<zajec5 at gmail.com> napisał:
> W dniu 26 sierpnia 2011 21:15 użytkownik Rafał Miłecki
> <zajec5 at gmail.com> napisał:
>> 2011/4/2 Szymon Zygmunt <szymon.zygmunt at gmail.com>:
>>> 1. A description of the problem at hand:
>>> Last time I changed my wireless card and I have problems with wireless
>>> link when I copy large files over lan. Link is broken after some part of
>>> file (eg. 50 - 200 MB) and I have to reload my b43 driver (modprobe -r
>>> b43, modprobe b43). After that connection work again for a while and
>>> situation is repeated.
>>>
>>> 2. When it happens:
>>> Always when I copy large file from my ftp (sets on openwrt box) to my PC
>>> over wifi.
>>>
>>> 3. How to reproduce:
>>> Start to operation with high transmission rates (eg. copy larg file)
>>
>> Szymon, this is a damn late reply and I think I understand if you've
>> already switched to some other card.
>>
>> In case you're still using b43 & BCM4318: did you manage to fix this
>> problem yourself?
>
> I've tested my BCM4318 which is
> 06:05.0 0280: 14e4:4318 (rev 02)
>        Subsystem: 1468:0311
> and it still works fine after using iperf for 20 minutes (about 3.2 GB
> transfered to my notebook with 14e4:4318). Average speed was 22.5 Mb/s
> and I was quite close to the AP.
>
> I'll try:
> 1) Switching to the 478.104 firmware
> 2) Using ftp instead of iperf
> 3) Moving to some other room, to increase distance

I've tried switching between firmwares 410.2160, 478.104 and 508.1092,
without any difference.

I've moved away from AP, the RX speed went down to 11.6 Mb/s (tested
for 5 minutes), but not visible problems (received 414 MB).

I guess Szymon can have affected BCM4318, will I don't. From
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=24208 :

--
Rafał