[Bug]No probe response from after 500ms, disconnecting.

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 16:42:26 EDT 2011

W dniu 26 sierpnia 2011 21:15 użytkownik Rafał Miłecki
<zajec5 at gmail.com> napisał:
> 2011/4/2 Szymon Zygmunt <szymon.zygmunt at gmail.com>:
>> 1. A description of the problem at hand:
>> Last time I changed my wireless card and I have problems with wireless
>> link when I copy large files over lan. Link is broken after some part of
>> file (eg. 50 - 200 MB) and I have to reload my b43 driver (modprobe -r
>> b43, modprobe b43). After that connection work again for a while and
>> situation is repeated.
>>
>> 2. When it happens:
>> Always when I copy large file from my ftp (sets on openwrt box) to my PC
>> over wifi.
>>
>> 3. How to reproduce:
>> Start to operation with high transmission rates (eg. copy larg file)
>
> Szymon, this is a damn late reply and I think I understand if you've
> already switched to some other card.
>
> In case you're still using b43 & BCM4318: did you manage to fix this
> problem yourself?

I've tested my BCM4318 which is
06:05.0 0280: 14e4:4318 (rev 02)
        Subsystem: 1468:0311
and it still works fine after using iperf for 20 minutes (about 3.2 GB
transfered to my notebook with 14e4:4318). Average speed was 22.5 Mb/s
and I was quite close to the AP.

I'll try:
1) Switching to the 478.104 firmware
2) Using ftp instead of iperf
3) Moving to some other room, to increase distance

--
Rafał