b43 error under heavy load

Chris Vine chris at cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Aug 14 17:19:58 EDT 2011

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 22:54:20 +0200
Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't expect improvement, I tried to make it worse :P I though our
> problems may be coming from not-fast-enough reading RX ring. So you
> just made that ring even smaller to allow faster/easier errors.
>
> What do you mean by different errors? The only one I can see is
> "b43-phy0 ERROR: PHY transmission error". Do you mean that or
> something else? Did you post all the log you wanted to? Maybe missed
> beginning?

That's it.

On your question "what do you mean by different errors", I mean the
reported errors are different. Without that patch the reported error
is:

b43-phy0 debug: TX-status contains invalid cookie: 0x0DCE
b43-phy0 debug: Out of order TX status report on DMA ring 1. Expected 74, but got 76
b43-phy0 debug: Out of order TX status report on DMA ring 1. Expected 74, but got 78
... and so on.

Chris