b43 error under heavy load

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 16:54:20 EDT 2011

2011/8/14 Chris Vine <chris at cvine.freeserve.co.uk>:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:11:12 +0200
> Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/8/14 Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>:
>> > Hey Chris,

>> > So it seems heavy load of RX can cause problems with TX. I just
>> > though of one another reason, could you test one more thing for me?
>> >
>> > Edit drivers/net/wireless/b43/dma.h and change define from value 64
>> > to in the line:
>> > #define B43_RXRING_SLOTS                64
>>
>> I meant "to 8":
>> #define B43_RXRING_SLOTS                8
>
> It is not an improvement.  Different errors occur earlier (approx 100MB
> of download), upon which the wireless disassociates from the network.
> dmesg produces the output at the end of this post (with MAC addresses
> munged).

I didn't expect improvement, I tried to make it worse :P I though our
problems may be coming from not-fast-enough reading RX ring. So you
just made that ring even smaller to allow faster/easier errors.

What do you mean by different errors? The only one I can see is
"b43-phy0 ERROR: PHY transmission error". Do you mean that or
something else? Did you post all the log you wanted to? Maybe missed
beginning?

--
Rafał