ChipCommon as independent driver?

Michael Büsch mb at bu3sch.de
Fri Apr 1 12:15:30 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 18:06 +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> W dniu 1 kwietnia 2011 18:00 użytkownik Michael Büsch <mb at bu3sch.de> napisał:
> > On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 16:49 +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> >> Do you have idea how we could nicely solve that issue?
> >
> > Yeah. Just don't share code between ssb and bcmai.
> > That's the only clean solution to that mess.
>
> Do you want to have core drivers separated as well? Really? Should we
> have separated pci core? chiccommon core?

Yes. Those "drivers" are a mess full of ssb specific workarounds
to hardware limitations.

> gige core?

Are there bcmai devices with gige core?
This driver is a _real_ mess. It basically is one huge
workaround, because the hardware is incredibly stupid.

> 80211 (b43) core?

No. The b43 (and b44) driver is pretty much self contained. It will be
easy
to make it run on both platforms. There are only a few places
that need changes.

--
Greetings Michael.