Recent results with BCM4312 on Netbook

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Tue Jun 22 14:29:32 EDT 2010

On 06/22/2010 01:10 PM, William Bourque wrote:

> Interresting information.
>
> Using "qos=0" and "nohwcrypt=1" effectively fixes the problem I had to
> connect to some access points. I could test it for two AP I knew to be
> wrong and I am now able to connect.
>
> The strange part is that I was having a similar problem with broadcom
> proprietary driver, it is possible that the misbehave of b43 was messing
> up something in a way that even wl wasn't able to operate then?  All
> modules were unloaded before trying, but I didn't bother to cold reboot
> the notebook.
> It is also a bit weird that the problem was only on some AP.

I had the problem with both my APs. One is a Netgear 802.11n router
running the vendor's firmware with WPA2 encryption, and the other is a
Linksys running openWRT with WPA encryption.

The hardware encryption option might not be needed for WEP, but I have not
tested.

I cannot connect with wl on my machine. In fact, it cannot even scan, but
I'm only interested in its initialization.

Larry