14e4:4315 help install

Gábor Stefanik netrolller.3d at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 17:10:27 EDT 2010

2010/8/9 mic cat <micacatt at gmail.com>:
> Hi thank reply
>
> I think 2.6.35 is DMA  "http://pastebin.com/8KzwwXP4"
> but 2.6.35 my card no stop monitoring
>  just stop after 2 min "network managed"
>
> Have you a solution for problem? thank

Indeed, that is a DMA error. What's odd, though, is that after the
error, the card does manage to reconnect once - even though the usual
behavior is complete unusability immediately beginning with the moment
of the DMA error.

Two workarounds are known: one is to load b43 with "qos=0 nohwcrypt=1
pio=1" (this disables DMA and falls back to PIO), the other is to load
and unload the Broadcom-proprietary "wl" driver before loading b43.

> 2010/8/9, Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>:
>> 2010/8/9 mic cat <micacatt at gmail.com>:
>>> My card 4312 no work "2.6.34" and "2.6.35" kernel
>>>
>>> my card stop work after 2min managed, and monitoring.
>>>
>>> Please how to fix this.
>>
>> What do you see in "dmesg" after card stops working in 2.6.35? Is this
>> again DMA error?
>>
>> --
>> Rafał

Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)