Disable ratecontrol for ATH9K_HTC

Steger, Marco Marco.Steger at v2c2.at
Thu Mar 12 02:28:28 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I'm planning some IEEE802.11s measurements using a TP-Link TL-WN722N stick on Debian (3.19). For that it would be great to disable the rate control of the ATH9K_HTC driver module (use a fixed bitrate). The iw command doesn't seem to work and as far as I understand, the ATH9k_HTC isn't using the minstrel algorithm located in MAC80211 module.

Is there a way (command, flag, patch) to disable ratecontrol?

Best regards,
Marco

Ps.: Please apologize if this was already asked before, but I wasn't able to open the archive of the mailing list via the homepage today

Dipl.-Ing. Marco Steger
Junior Researcher
Area Electrics/Electronics & Software (Area E)

VIRTUAL VEHICLE
Kompetenzzentrum - Das virtuelle Fahrzeug Forschungs-GmbH

Inffeldgasse 21/A
8010  Graz  /  Austria
Tel:        +43 316 873 9009
E-Mail:     marco.steger at v2c2.at
Web:        www.v2c2.at <http://www.v2c2.at/>

Firmenname: Kompetenzzentrum - Das virtuelle Fahrzeug, Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Rechtsform: Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
Firmensitz: A-8010 Graz, Inffeldgasse 21/A
Firmenbuchnummer: 224755y
Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht fürZRS Graz