unable to force transmission rate on injection

Oleksij Rempel linux at rempel-privat.de
Sun Jun 16 12:43:07 EDT 2013

Am 16.06.2013 16:36, schrieb George Nychis:
> I'm trying to think of the appropriate way to pass the desired rate.  If
> the radiotap header is not passed on, then this becomes more complicated!

Well, there are two ways to fix that: short way; and proper ;)

- short one: add some way to pass radiotap flags, so build in rate
controller can make proper decision.
- nuke rate controller from firmware and make use of ath9k code as match
as possible.

Here is why. Basically ath9k_htc is just embedded cpu with pcie
interface and attached ath9k adapter to it. This construction reduce usb
traffic. All beacons and retries handled by firmware on embedded cpu.
This was advantage.
Disadvantage - we have lots of out of sync duplicated code. If we will
just remove everything from firmware, then we will get simple
usp-to-pcie converter and all functionality which is available in ath9k
driver, but we will lost performance. May be there is a way to make sort
of usp-to-pcie-proxy.

--
Regards,
Oleksij