FUSB200 xhci issue

Oleksij Rempel linux at rempel-privat.de
Mon Aug 19 03:40:37 EDT 2013

Am 10.08.2013 13:57, schrieb Alan Stern:
> On Sat, 10 Aug 2013, Oleksij Rempel wrote:
>
>> usb reset do not affect behaviour of firmware. At least after i remove
>> all attempts to reboot FW from driver.
>> If adapter will got reset signal, FW will be notified about it. Then FW
>> will remove reset flag and will just continue to work. After usb reset,
>> lsusb show correct, update information - EP3 and EP4 was updated from
>> INT to BULK.
>>
>> I assume, no i need to add to the driver some kind of firmware check.
>> What is the proper way to do it?
>
> The simplest way is to put a new value for the device descriptor's
> bcdDevice value in the firmware.  Then all you have to do is check that
> value.

Hi Alan,

I need some more help. I reworked some firmware related parts of
ath9k_htc driver and added usb_reset_device. As well dummy pre_reset and
post_reset functions.
Right now it will do double reset. First time after usb_reset_device
host will detect changes in usb descriptor and set flag for logical
disconnect. In this case driver will fail to load and after this actual
disconnect btw reset will happen. Then, after reset, driver will be
automatically loaded second time. This time usb_reset_device will go
without problems, since usb descriptor was updated on first round.

How driver should behave in this situation? I prefer to update firmware
on every module load.

--
Regards,
Oleksij