FUSB200 xhci issue

Oleksij Rempel linux at rempel-privat.de
Mon Aug 12 03:58:52 EDT 2013

Am 10.08.2013 13:57, schrieb Alan Stern:
> On Sat, 10 Aug 2013, Oleksij Rempel wrote:
>
>> usb reset do not affect behaviour of firmware. At least after i remove
>> all attempts to reboot FW from driver.
>> If adapter will got reset signal, FW will be notified about it. Then FW
>> will remove reset flag and will just continue to work. After usb reset,
>> lsusb show correct, update information - EP3 and EP4 was updated from
>> INT to BULK.
>>
>> I assume, no i need to add to the driver some kind of firmware check.
>> What is the proper way to do it?
>
> The simplest way is to put a new value for the device descriptor's
> bcdDevice value in the firmware.  Then all you have to do is check that
> value.

Since adding fw check will need fw version update. I would like to do
quick fix for current kernel and firmware version.
I will revert EP3 and EP4 from bulk back to interrupt. But, before
sending patch to the list i would like to know, how to reproduce the bug
which was fixed by converting this endpoints from interrupt to bulk.

--
Regards,
Oleksij

--