debuging

Eugene Krasnikov k.eugene.e at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 03:34:10 EDT 2013

Hi Oliksij,

>- looks like only magpie has enough memory to run this code. On k2 it is disabled by default.
Just FYI when we moved to open compiler the ROM size was decreased. So
hopefully we have enough memory for k2 also. How do you see that k2
does not have enough memory?

>- if it is not a big secret, can you please give me jtag pins on ar7010?
I can provide you this information if Adrian gives me a green light.
Adrian, may i?

>- since access to debug interface is too difficult - it will be great idea to use debug commands over wmi interface? What do you think about it?
What kind of debug commands do you want to add? It would be good to
change FW log level through ioctl/whatever...

2013/4/22 Oleksij Rempel <linux at rempel-privat.de>:
> Hallo all,
>
> to do deeper investigation about temperature problem i decided to make
> debuging work. If no body working on it, i'll spend some time this week.
>
> for other who wont to play with it:
> - dbg_task is polled here:
> target_firmware/magpie_fw_dev/target/init/init.c
> - looks like only magpie has enough memory to run this code. On k2 it is
> disabled by default.
> - you need uart for this, and on many boards, this  pins are not soldered.
>
> plans for this week:
> - i'll try to do some micro soldering to use it on all adapters i have.
> - if it is not a big secret, can you please give me jtag pins on ar7010?
> I wont to play with it too. Probably they are hidden under GPIO0-GPIO3 or
> some thing like that.
> - since access to debug interface is too difficult - it will be great idea
> to use debug commands over wmi interface? What do you think about it?
>
> Are there user space tools to access wmi? No ioctl interface for it jet :)?
>

> ---
> Regards,
> Oleksij

Best regards,