debuging

Oleksij Rempel linux at rempel-privat.de
Mon Apr 22 17:02:32 EDT 2013

Hallo all,

to do deeper investigation about temperature problem i decided to make
debuging work. If no body working on it, i'll spend some time this week.

for other who wont to play with it:
- dbg_task is polled here:
target_firmware/magpie_fw_dev/target/init/init.c
- looks like only magpie has enough memory to run this code. On k2 it is
disabled by default.
- you need uart for this, and on many boards, this  pins are not soldered.

plans for this week:
- i'll try to do some micro soldering to use it on all adapters i have.
- if it is not a big secret, can you please give me jtag pins on ar7010?
I wont to play with it too. Probably they are hidden under GPIO0-GPIO3
or some thing like that.
- since access to debug interface is too difficult - it will be great
idea to use debug commands over wmi interface? What do you think about it?

Are there user space tools to access wmi? No ioctl interface for it jet :)?

---
Regards,
Oleksij