high temperature problem

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sat Apr 20 14:38:08 EDT 2013

Grr, let me try replying again.

==

Well, now you have firmware source. :)

I wonder if the increased temperature is two or one problem. Ie, is
one chip causing the heat increase and it's traveling through the
board, or are both going crazy,

You could hack up an experiment - turn off the wifi chip in ath9k_htc
by putting it into full sleep. Then measure the two temperatures.

You can then write some custom wmi command to chew cpu cycles and see
if that gives you a big increase of the CPU temp, with no
corresponding increase in the AR9280 chip.

I don't know anything about the power systems of either chip unfortunately.

Good luck!

Adrian