[PATCH wireless-next v2] wifi: mac80211: Report parent AP BSS parameters for AP_VLAN
Aaradhana Sahu
aaradhana.sahu at oss.qualcomm.com
Thu Sep 24 00:05:57 PDT 2026
On 9/22/2026 4:21 PM, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Tue, 2026-09-22 at 16:12 +0530, Aaradhana Sahu wrote:
>>
>> Since all these parameters (beacon interval, DTIM period, CTS protection,
>> short preamble, and short slot time) are already populated in sta_info and
>> are visible through the iw station dump command, I only made changes for the
>> AP_VLAN case, where these values are currently reported incorrectly.
>
> Fair, but I suspect that they were really only there for 'iw link'?
>
>> I am not sure whether any third-party userspace application relies on these values
>> apart from iw. If we remove these parameters from the AP-side station information,
>> the iw station dump output will also change. Would that be acceptable?
>
> I don't see why not, if nothing relies on it.
>
> johannes
Thanks. One clarification regarding the proposed removal: sta_set_sinfo() is common to
both AP and STA interfaces, and NL80211_STA_INFO_BSS_PARAM is also reported for the STA-side
station dump, where these parameters describe the BSS the station is associated with.
Would it be reasonable to remove NL80211_STA_INFO_BSS_PARAM only from the AP-side station
information, including AP_VLAN, while retaining it for the STA side?
If so, I can simplify the change accordingly and avoid adding the AP_VLAN-specific
BSS configuration lookup.
More information about the ath12k
mailing list