[PATCH wireless-next v2] wifi: mac80211: Report parent AP BSS parameters for AP_VLAN

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Tue Sep 22 03:51:00 PDT 2026


On Tue, 2026-09-22 at 16:12 +0530, Aaradhana Sahu wrote:
> 
> Since all these parameters (beacon interval, DTIM period, CTS protection,
> short preamble, and short slot time) are already populated in sta_info and
> are visible through the iw station dump command, I only made changes for the
> AP_VLAN case, where these values are currently reported incorrectly.

Fair, but I suspect that they were really only there for 'iw link'?

> I am not sure whether any third-party userspace application relies on these values
> apart from iw. If we remove these parameters from the AP-side station information,
> the iw station dump output will also change. Would that be acceptable?

I don't see why not, if nothing relies on it.

johannes



More information about the ath12k mailing list