About the hostapd support DBDC chip in openwrt router

Andy Huang-黃俊欽 Andy.Huang at xsquareiot.com
Thu Aug 25 05:10:29 PDT 2022

Hi,
    Recently we want to use WCN6856 on MTK router platform (kernel 5.4) with ath11k backport .15.8-1 .
But we can’t bring up 2 radio interfaces concurrently,  once we bring up the 5G interface at first then get the “device busy” error message when bring up 2.4G radio.
     But WCN6856 is a DBDC chip, suppose I can bring up two radios in the same time for AP mode.
      Is it the limitation of driver or HW ?  Thanks for your time.

Best,
Andy

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain information of XSquare Communications Corporation that are privileged / confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, disclose, distribute, copy, or use this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.