ath11k-qca6390-bringup-202011191920: new suspend implementation

Kalle Valo kvalo at codeaurora.org
Thu Nov 19 14:52:26 EST 2020

Kalle Valo <kvalo at codeaurora.org> writes:

> (Bcc: people reporting qca6390 problems)
>
> Hi,
>
> I collected all important QCA6390 fixes to ath11k-qca6390 branch so that
> there's a good baseline for all testing:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kvalo/ath.git/log/?h=ath11k-qca6390-bringup
>
> At the moment it's based on v5.10-rc4 and I will try to update it to a
> recent -rc release every few weeks or so. Everytime I update the branch
> I create a new tag and the latest tag is now:
>
> ath11k-qca6390-bringup-202011191920
>
> In this tag there's now a brand new implementation for suspend, which
> relies that the platform provides power to QCA6390 during suspend. Not
> all platforms do, but most of them should do that. ath11k also prints a
> warning whenever it notices that the firmware has crashed, but I'm not
> sure yet if it (the MHI subsystem to be exact) can detect every case.
>
> The MSI patch is mostly the same, it had just some refactoring since the
> last version. Unfortunately there's no solution still for the weird
> crashes some people are seeing.

Forgot to mention when debugging ath11k PCI issues it's a good idea to
enable MHI debug messages. To do that enable CONFIG_MHI_BUS_DEBUG and
CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG and run:

sudo sh -c "echo -n 'module mhi +p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control"

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches