ath11k-qca6390-bringup-202011191920: new suspend implementation

Kalle Valo kvalo at codeaurora.org
Thu Nov 19 14:48:36 EST 2020

(Bcc: people reporting qca6390 problems)

Hi,

I collected all important QCA6390 fixes to ath11k-qca6390 branch so that
there's a good baseline for all testing:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kvalo/ath.git/log/?h=ath11k-qca6390-bringup

At the moment it's based on v5.10-rc4 and I will try to update it to a
recent -rc release every few weeks or so. Everytime I update the branch
I create a new tag and the latest tag is now:

ath11k-qca6390-bringup-202011191920

In this tag there's now a brand new implementation for suspend, which
relies that the platform provides power to QCA6390 during suspend. Not
all platforms do, but most of them should do that. ath11k also prints a
warning whenever it notices that the firmware has crashed, but I'm not
sure yet if it (the MHI subsystem to be exact) can detect every case.

The MSI patch is mostly the same, it had just some refactoring since the
last version. Unfortunately there's no solution still for the weird
crashes some people are seeing.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches