ath11k/mhi backtraces on shutdown with linux-next

Kalle Valo kvalo at codeaurora.org
Wed Dec 16 13:39:19 EST 2020

alan <alan at abraxas.to> writes:

> I want to thank you for your work on ath11k. I just bought a Dell XPS
> 13 9310 with the AX500 wireless chip and was disappointed to discover
> it didn’t work with linux.
>
> I have been following the ath11k mailing list and it appears that you
> are getting close to a solution - that observation about the M2 state
> in the MHI looks very promising.

Indeed, it seems we have a functional workaround now. I hope you saw
this:

https://lore.kernel.org/ath11k/87blew3e4q.fsf@codeaurora.org/

I have received multiple positive reports with tag.

> PS. I visited Tampere once, in 1995. I gave a talk at the Scandic
> Rosendahl in Pyynikki. Beautiful place!

I bet it wasn't this time of year, now it's so dark and muddy ;) Hoping
for the snow to come soon, then it will be better.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches