QCA6174 SDIO support?

Sebastian Gottschall s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Mon Jan 8 23:29:15 PST 2018

Am 08.01.2018 um 03:00 schrieb Marek Behun:
> This branch is almost the same as mine (orig + high latency patches +
> sdio patches), therefore no QCA6174 SDIO node in ath10k_hw_params_list.
the problem i see is that this chipset is not available as SDIO chipset
from qualcom. i cannot find any official specs for it
qualcom declares it as pcie only interface. qca6134 is sdio, but its no
ath10k chipset and not 802.11ac capable

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 02:31:59 +0100
> Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com> wrote:
>
>> try this branch
>>
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kvalo/ath.git/log/?h=ath10k-pending-sdio-usb
>>
>> Am 08.01.2018 um 01:28 schrieb Marek Behun:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> we at CZ.NIC are trying the current ath10k driver with High Latency
>>> + SDIO support (which was done by Silex Technology) on our board.
>>> The supported chip, QCA9377, works, but we only have 1x1 MIMO
>>> boards with this chip. We are trying to get it work with 8274B-SR
>>> (QCA6174)
>>> ( http://www.fn-link.com/a-b-g-n-ac-wi-fi-bt-module/8274b-sr.html )
>>>
>>> There is already some code in sdio.c mentoining QCA6174, but there
>>> are no nodes in ath10k_hw_params. Because QCA6174 is supported via
>>> PCI bus, I tried to write the ath10k_hw_params node (see patch
>>> http://blackhole.sk/~kabel/src/qca6174.patch ) but do not know if
>>> the changes I did are enough, because the driver fails after loading
>>> firmware.
>>>
>>> And the firmware is another point: Does board-sdio.bin have to be
>>> different from board.bin? Do we have to create this binary
>>> ourselves, or should the 8274B-SR board manufacturer sent us one?
>>> (We didn't receive anything from fn-link.)
>>>
>>> Any information is good, please let us know even if you have NDA on
>>> this and therefore cannot give any more information about this.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Marek Behun, CZ.NIC

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz:  Stubenwaldallee 21a, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565