Failed to wake device (9984)

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Sep 15 09:59:01 PDT 2017

On 09/14/2017 07:33 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 14 September 2017 at 17:13, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>

>>> There were always weird cold reset races that necessitated a PCI bus reset of the device. :( can you even see the device? do any of the registers work?
>>

>> Can the cold reset be done on generic x86-64 hardware?
>
> I'll have to go check. You /should/ be able to. Are there are power
> and reset files in /sys/bus/pci for those devices?
>

>> And, it shows up enough that the system probes it, at least.  I guess no
>> infrastructure to speak of set up for this thing, so not sure how to
>> probe any registers.
>
> Well, that could be cached BAR information. There are some cold / warm
> reset registers in the RTC block that are used during initial wakeup;
> print what they're saying to see if it's coming back 0xfffffff or
> 0xdeadc0de or something?

One thing I notice, if I simply:  rmmod ath10k_pci ath10k_core; modprobe ath10k_pci
then it recovered (1 of 1 so far).

We'll see if that is a reliable way to recover from this problem.  And, will see if we
can also find a nicer way to go about it...maybe there is just a timer that is not long
enough somewhere?