Failed to wake device (9984)

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 14 19:33:02 PDT 2017

On 14 September 2017 at 17:13, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:

>> There were always weird cold reset races that necessitated a PCI bus reset of the device. :( can you even see the device? do any of the registers work?
>

> Can the cold reset be done on generic x86-64 hardware?

I'll have to go check. You /should/ be able to. Are there are power
and reset files in /sys/bus/pci for those devices?

> And, it shows up enough that the system probes it, at least.  I guess no
> infrastructure to speak of set up for this thing, so not sure how to
> probe any registers.

Well, that could be cached BAR information. There are some cold / warm
reset registers in the RTC block that are used during initial wakeup;
print what they're saying to see if it's coming back 0xfffffff or
0xdeadc0de or something?

-adrian