Driver support for QCA6174 chip using SDIO interface

Ann Lo annlo.tech at gmail.com
Thu May 11 17:20:13 PDT 2017

Hi Erik,

We are hoping to use your new SDIO patches for QCA9377 on kernel
version 4.1.36. There appears to be version 7 patches according to the
following email:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2017-April/009633.html

Would you advise on the followings?

1) What is the status of ath10k SDIO for QCA9377? The above email has
the comment "With this patch we have the low level HTC protocol
working and it's possible to boot the firmware, but it's still not
possible to connect or anything like." Do you have an estimate of the
time for full functionality, that wpa_supplicant and hostapd will run
successfully? How much further work is needed?

2) Our BSP uses kernel version 4.1.36. Can we apply your patches to
this version? Or, do we need to backport a newer version for QCA9377?

We are trying to prepare the software so that we can test when our
hardware is ready.

Thanks,
Ann