How to integrate the latest ath10k driver into an older kernel release ?

Janusz Dziedzic janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com
Mon Mar 13 02:42:32 PDT 2017

On 10 March 2017 at 15:06, Chris Price <chris.price at dejero.com> wrote:
> I had similar problems doing the same thing with a 4.1 kernel. I'm not
> sure if you are having the same problem without seeing the compilation
> errors, but here is what worked for me:

I did it today:
- ./devel/backports-update-manager
- apply ccm patch from Arend (subscribe to backports mailing list -
you will see latest required patches)
- ./gentree.py --verbose --clean --git-revision next-20170310
--copy-list copy-list.ath ~/linux-next/ ~/backports-output

And backports generate/compile fine.
(coccinelle installed from APT, ubuntu 16.04)

BR
Janusz