[RFC v3 0/8] ath10k sdio support

Valo, Kalle kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Sun Feb 19 08:33:55 PST 2017

Erik Stromdahl <erik.stromdahl at gmail.com> writes:

> Ok, I'll do another round of checkpatch before I submit anything.
> I couldn't find the script you mentioned though (ath10k-check).

Did you check the link I gave you:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath10k/codingstyle#checking_code

> Is it some kind of checkpatch wrapper?

It runs various tests (gcc, sparse, checkpatch), sets some checkpatch
settings (like line length) and filters out warnings we don't care
about.

> Anyway, I have a few warnings related to 'line over 80 chars' that
> is really hard to get rid of (without breaking indentation etc.) so
> I won't do anything about those for now.
>
> Then there are some other warnings about the BIT macro being preferred
> over (1 << x). I have used (1 << x) in some files despite the checkpatch
> warning in order to keep the patches consistent with the existing code.
> I think the best approach is to have a separate round of cleanup-patches
> replacing all (1 << x) with BIT(x).

These are all disabled by ath10k-check. I think it's easiest that you
forget ath10k-check for now and let me fix those in the next round.