Re: Fail to Capture QOS data packets in Monitoring mode - QCA988x‏‏

Raj Joshi rajjoshi at comp.nus.edu.sg
Mon Jul 25 19:07:45 PDT 2016

Hi,

The following may not necessarily be your case. But since you
mentioned MGMT and CTRL packets are captured and not QoS data packets,
I observed a similar behavior when my configuration was as below:
* Sender: Operating 80Mhz dynamic channel width (secondary channel
either above or below primary channel, doesn't matter)
* Sniffer: Operating on 80MHz width. However, the sniffer's primary
channel doesn't overlap with the sender's primary channel; basically
they have different primary channels.

It is necessary that the primary channels of the sender and the
sniffer match. Otherwise, the sniffer is able to only see the non-HT
duplicate frames sent by the sender. This is because those frames are
sent on all the four 20MHz channels, one of which is your sniffer's
primary channel.

I am not sure if the greenfield configuration could be a culprit here.
But you might want to check the above first :)

Cheers,
Raj Joshi