CT 4.2 kernel now supports 80Mhz IBSS

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Sep 25 09:01:14 PDT 2015

On 09/25/2015 12:56 AM, Jorge Baranda wrote:
> Hi Harms,
>
> Thank you very much for your aclaration. I was trying to follow your setup with the CT kernel 4.0, but with no success, so after the post of Ben, I imagine I
> have to install CT 4.2 kernel.
> By the way, I suppose that I have already this patch in my folder of the kernel 4.2 since I downloaded it from git (17/09/15) after you made your post. Just in
> case, could you point me out to the patch you are refering to?
> Other thing,  which CT firmware are you using (mine Release14)? Additionally, could you share your .config file for the CT 4.2 kernel? I'm having some troubles
> to make this kernel running and I am a little confused.

Please grab the latest CT 4.2 kernel, I rebased the last 10 or so patches a day or two ago:

# This first command blows away the first 20 commits, so if you have
# added your own patches, then you need to deal with that properly.

git reset --hard HEAD~20
git pull

The configs I use are in ./configs/

In particular, the patch I added to enable HT80 IBSS was this:

http://dmz2.candelatech.com/?p=linux-4.2.dev.y/.git;a=commit;h=c620066342699f63dcdd00ce5f4d0feb4f02b1fc