Setting up a VHT ad-hoc connection with ath10k

Janusz Dziedzic janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com
Mon Sep 7 03:22:37 PDT 2015

On 7 September 2015 at 11:48, Jorge Baranda <jbaranda at cttc.es> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Recently, I bought some WLE900VX cards and equipped several computers with
> such cards.
> I want to check the capabilties of these cards, so I have thought of
> establishing an AD-HOC 802.11ac link in order to do so.
> I have been able to establish and AD-HOC connection between two of these
> cards, but I am sure I am not establishing an 802.11ac connection because
> the iwlist tool only reports bit rates up to 54Mb/s for the established
> connection.
> I would be very grateful if someone could provide me some hints on
> configuring these cards to work using the 802.11ac and to check that the
> connection using such protocol has been established.

You should use 636 firmware and lastes wpa_supplicant. Wpa_supplicant
will setup AC correctly (iw don't support this yet). After connected,
check if you have correct BW (80MHz) using:
iw wlan0 info

Next you can run some traffic eg. using iperf and check RX rate using:
iw wlan0 station dump.

BR
Janusz