QCA6174 hw2.1 Firmware crash when connecting to a 5GHz network

Roman Bange mofasofa123 at gmx.de
Wed Nov 18 07:28:34 PST 2015

Hey,

im getting a firmware crash when i try to connect to a 5GHz network.
I tested the older firmware WLAN.RM.1.1-00141, which is now provided in linux-firmware, and SW_RM.1.1.1-00157-QCARMSWPZ-1, which is provided by you in ath10k-firmware.

SW_RM.1.1.1-00157-QCARMSWPZ-1 didn't crash but i wasn't able to connect either.

In addition i tested a solution that worked for me with the 4.1 Kernel where i extracted the firmware out of the windows driver (and can be found here (https://github.com/sumdog/ath10k-firmware). This solution didn't worked for me too.

I tested the firmware with 4.2.0-16 under Ubuntu, but experienced the same problem with the stable releases 4.2.6 and 4.3 too. I have not tested the 4.4-rc1 Kernel yet because its not compilable with the Ubuntu packages.

I attached the related dmesg logs to this mail.

Best regards,
Roman