IBSS on WLE900VX

Pushpal Sidhu psidhu at gateworks.com
Tue Nov 3 13:08:56 PST 2015

Hi,

Using the 20150923 backports and the '636' firmware, I found that I
cannot get certain radio's to merge when in IBSS. Both radios will
create their own IBSS network, but if I give them the same BSSID, they
will each create their own and never see one another (and thus never
merge). From my testing, I found that a pair of WLE900VX's will fail
to merge, while a pair of WLE900N5-20's will merge just fine. I'm
using iw v4.1 and have tried both HT20 and HT40 to create my network.
I have yet to try wpa_supplicant.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is occurring?

Thanks,
- Pushpal