Trying to upgrade to latest ath10k driver version

Amato Carbonara acarbonara13 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 10:51:55 PDT 2015

Hello,
I am trying to upgrade my ath10k driver version to the latest version:
10.2.4.70.2
I am downloading the binary file from the following github location:
https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware/tree/master/10.2.4/untested

However, after placing the binary file in the directory
/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA988X/hw2.0  the driver version remains at the
old version (10.2.4.48).  When I download the file from github, I
changed the name of the driver file from firmware-5.bin_10.2.4.70.2 to
firmware-5.bin

I have tried using kernel version 4.0, 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 but the ath10k
driver fails to upgrade to 10.2.4.70.2

Any suggestions?