First QCA6174 firmware release

Austin Hendrix namniart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:04:52 PST 2015

I consider myself a fairly skilled programmer; if the format is
documented somewhere, I have no doubt that I can write a tool to put the
firmware into the proper format. Does anyone know where the firmware
format is documented, or do I have to go read the source for the driver
to figure out the firmware format?

The bigger question is, how can I confirm that I'm wrapping the correct
firmware?

I found a qca61x420.bin file (probably firmware; definitely compiled
code) in /Windows/System32/drivers/qca61x420.bin , but the ath10k driver
doesn't recognize it as firmware.

Thanks,
-Austin