Dusseldorf: LPC special session on ath10k

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:41:12 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Kathy Giori <kathy.giori at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey there ath10k enthusiasts,
>
> The afternoon prior to the Linux wireless summit that John Linville
> and Johannes Berg are hosting:
> http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/ocw/events/LPC2014/tracks/339
>
> we've reserved a conference room to focus on ath10k topics of
> interest. If you have specific items you'd like to see addressed,
> please let me (or Kalle Valo) know in advance.
>
> The mini ath10k summit will be held in the "VIP-SH" sponsor meeting
> room that is located on the 2nd floor of the CCD. Apparently there
> will be signage onsite to guide you to the room. We have the room
> reserved from 1-5pm Wednesday, October 15. And we might want to carry
> on the conversations into the evening over dinner or whatever -- so
> let me know if you are interested in that part as well. Hoping to see
> you there!

I won't be there, but I hope progress is made. Last week I had a chance
to give a short talk at the ieee plenary, and a longer presentation in front of
the ieee 802.11 wng meeting in athens, greece, about some of the problems
we are seeing in the 802.11* world, and some possible solutions.

I don't know if that preso is available outside the ieee reflector, the
slides are at:

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~d/ieee802.11-sept-17-2014/11-14-1265-00-0wng-More-on-Bufferbloat.pdf

Of most relevance are slides 23-34.

I was pleased to see various "latency" requirements get added to the 802.11ax
documents and testing plans the next day.

--
Dave Täht

https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/make-wifi-fast