Trouble connecting to broadcom AC APs?

Janusz Dziedzic janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com
Mon Mar 24 15:45:53 EDT 2014

On 21 March 2014 18:41, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 03/21/2014 12:07 AM, Janusz Dziedzic wrote:

>>> With AP firmware, works fine. Could you send airlogs?
>>>
>> BTW, I have same problem with WRT54G and orginal linksys SW - my home router.
>> Problem disappears when will use FW 636 :)
>> So, seems AP (389, 467) FW is not the best choice for STA mode.
>> I suspect PS problem here - but didn't check this yet ...
>
> Here is another data point...if we make br0 on the AP promisc,
> then suddenly it works fine.
>
> (we noticed this because starting tcpdump on br0 also
> 'fixes' the problem).

In my case:

ath10k: ath10k_peer_assoc_h_crypto: rsn ie found
ath10k: ath10k_peer_assoc_h_crypto: wpa ie found
ath10k: mac peer 00:14:bf:16:b8:44 phymode 11g

Next tx don't work because, FW discard this packets for some reason
(at least broadcast), I see a lot of:
ath10k: htt tx completion msdu_id 0 discard 1 no_ack 0

while with 636 firmware
ath10k: htt tx completion msdu_id 0 discard 0 no_ack 0

So, could be quite different issue you have. I will check switch to
CCMP only while now there is TKIP/CCMP.

BR
Jansuz