Firmware crash when sending large numbers of forwarded packets

Avery Pennarun apenwarr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:26:23 EDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
> Avery Pennarun <apenwarr at gmail.com> writes:
>> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 2:03 AM, Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
>>> What I recommend is to use the master branch of my ath.git tree. That's
>>> fairly recent wireless-testing (max 2 weeks old) plus latest ath10k +
>>> ath6kl patches I have (ie. merge of wireless-testing and my ath-next
>>> branch).
>>
>> Ok, thanks.  We're using a fairly old kernel on our device right now
>> (3.2.26) so we're using the ath10k driver from linux-backports.  This
>> means it's a little tricky to pick an arbitrary version if it has
>> diverged too far from linux/master or linux-next.
>
> Yeah, you are not the only one using ath10k with linux-backports.
> Ideally we should have our own "backports-ath10k" which contains latest
> and greatest ath10k from my master tree. This would be really handy for
> debugging problems and verifying bug fixes, but I don't see any way to
> find time for that right now :/

For what it's worth, linux-backports seems to get updated to match
linux-next fairly frequently.  They have one for next-20140305 for
example.  It's pretty easy for me to test against one of those.  It
seems to be not so important to rebase on top of linux-backports as to
rebase on top of (close to) same version linux-backports is using as
input.

When I looked at the 20140305 release though, it appears that the
ath10k development has gotten quite far ahead of linux-next and some
of the patches not yet in linux-next (eg. reset fixes) are pretty
important.

Have fun,

Avery