Firmware crash when sending large numbers of forwarded packets

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Mon Mar 10 03:47:32 EDT 2014

On 8 March 2014 01:54, Avery Pennarun <apenwarr at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> Michal wrote:
>> Can you try reproducing this with traces? Considering this might get
>> too big to attach to an email I think it's okay to exclude
>> ath10k:ath10k_log_dbg_dump from traces.
>
> Can you give me a clue how to get started with traces?  What do I
> enable, and what parts do you want to see?

CONFIG_ATH10K_TRACING=y

trace-cmd record -e ath10k:ath10k_log_err -e ath10k:ath10k_log_warn -e
ath10k:ath10k_log_info -e ath10k:ath10k_log_dbg -e
ath10k:ath10k_wmi_cmd -e ath10k:ath10k_wmi_event -e
ath10k:ath10k_htt_stats -e ath10k:ath10k_wmi_dbglog

(this excludes the ath10k:ath10k_log_dbg_dump)

If it's too big to attach/paste the trace.dat file then a reasonable
output of backlog from `trace-cmd report` before FW crashes might
suffice. Considering your other mail this may prevent the bug from
appearing though.