Warning message in bridge mode

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Jun 24 08:10:47 PDT 2014

On 06/24/2014 12:39 AM, Vu Hai NGUYEN wrote:

> I was wrong, the only warning msg is "br0: received packet on wlan0.sta1 with own address as source address".
> And I have another question: When doing test with iperf, I always have rate from AP to STA higher than STA to AP
> (380Mbps vs 240 Mbps).This is normal too right? Cause before you told me that when you did the test with your
> own trafficgenerator, you can get 500+Mbps download, and about 400Mbps upload.

We have done some tests recently on E5 3.7Ghz systems (ie, top-end-ish server systems)
that can push 800+Mbps UDP, but can't recall if that is upload or download.

We need to re-run tests and publish the info.

Looks like host CPU is very important to higher-speeds with ath10k.  I did a perf top
months ago, and there was bad contention on a spinlock or two in ath10k driver, so that
is probably much of the performance problems we see.