ath10k: firmware crash in station mode & problem DFS

Vu Hai NGUYEN vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr
Thu Jun 12 01:48:13 PDT 2014

>Can you please try this firmware:
>
>http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/firmware-2-community-scan-X.bin
>
>I have verified that it works fine for me when connecting to an
>AP on a DFS channel.  It should have the bridging fix as well.
>
>There was an inverted beacon-filter setting bug in my code, though that
>also should have been fixed in the previous firmware I sent you.
>
>I might have had some other problem in that older firmware, however.

Thank you, your new firmware work fine with DFS channel and promiscuous mode.
But there is a small bug, with the firmware 10.1 my station can associate with AP directly
after running wpa_supplicant. Your firmware had this:
wlan0: direct probe to (@ mac) (try 1/3)
wlan0: direct probe to (@ mac) (try 2/3)
wlan0: direct probe to (@ mac) (try 3/3)
and I have to run "iw wlan0 scan" to detect the network again and connect to it.
I've tested it with different channels DFS for 2 version of firmware (yours and 10.1)
so I'm quite sure about it.

Thanks,
NGUYEN Vu Hai
Acita-Sodielec