ath10k: firmware crash in station mode & problem DFS

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Jun 11 10:05:23 PDT 2014

On 06/11/2014 12:19 AM, Vu Hai NGUYEN wrote:
>> Can you explain how you test this?  Do I need a special AP configuration
>> to do the test, or is a normal ath10k NIC and hostapd enough?
>>
>> I can try to reproduce the problem and test the fixes here.
>
> In my code, I copy the firmware chosen (10.1, 999 or CT) from another folder to /lib/firmware/ath10k/...
> before loading the modules of ath10k. Then I set up network (bridge or router) and finally run hostapd (if AP)
> and wpa_supplicant (if STA). Each time I change a parameter of my network the program will kill almost
> all the actual processus, unload the modules and then reload, run new processus ....
>
> Btw, I think that there is a conflict in your hostapd config file. I saw that you use channel 52 and
> vht_oper_centr_freq_seg0_idx=54, it means that you use 40 MHz operating Channel width?
> If so  vht_oper_chwidth=1 should be set to 0. If you want to use 80Mhz Channel width you should
> set vht_oper_centr_freq_seg0_idx=58.

Can you please try this firmware:

http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/firmware-2-community-scan-X.bin

I have verified that it works fine for me when connecting to an
AP on a DFS channel.  It should have the bridging fix as well.

There was an inverted beacon-filter setting bug in my code, though that
also should have been fixed in the previous firmware I sent you.

I might have had some other problem in that older firmware, however.