IBSS mode is now supported by CT firmware.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Dec 1 09:57:50 PST 2014

On 12/01/2014 09:38 AM, Pushpal Sidhu wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>> Do you have any reason to believe the problem is in the driver or mac80211
>> stack, or is this all a firmware issue?
> Because the rate control logic is embedded in the firmware (I believe
> this is the reason why we don't have a nice 'rc_stats' table) seems to
> point to a firmware issue.
>
>> And, if anyone has a different /AC NIC that can do IBSS, I'm curious
>> if ath10k will receive at higher speeds?
> So I just created an adhoc network with an ath9k radio (HT40+) with an
> ath10k radio (with HT40+) and found that the ath9k stayed at HT40/SGI
> MCS7. Checking on the ath10k, I found the same rate (150mbps) was
> being used.
>
> A very interesting note, however, is that realistic transfer rates are
> 27mbps TCP, 37mbps UDP from ath9k->ath10k. ath10k->ath9k has realistic
> transfer rates of 4.17mbps TCP, 5.18mbps UDP and rates go back to the
> 6mbps we see earlier.

It may be a bit before I can get back to working on this effort,
but I am reading the email and it will help me when I do have time
to work on this again.

If you have time, can you see if you can get encryption working with
ath9k to ath9k?  I could not get that working, and I am not sure if
it is my supplicant setup or if I have some other bugs somewhere...

Please post config files if you do get it working.

And, what is ath9k to ath9k transfer rates?