IBSS mode is now supported by CT firmware.

Pushpal Sidhu psidhu at gateworks.com
Mon Dec 1 09:38:05 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> Do you have any reason to believe the problem is in the driver or mac80211
> stack, or is this all a firmware issue?
Because the rate control logic is embedded in the firmware (I believe
this is the reason why we don't have a nice 'rc_stats' table) seems to
point to a firmware issue.

> And, if anyone has a different /AC NIC that can do IBSS, I'm curious
> if ath10k will receive at higher speeds?
So I just created an adhoc network with an ath9k radio (HT40+) with an
ath10k radio (with HT40+) and found that the ath9k stayed at HT40/SGI
MCS7. Checking on the ath10k, I found the same rate (150mbps) was
being used.

A very interesting note, however, is that realistic transfer rates are
27mbps TCP, 37mbps UDP from ath9k->ath10k. ath10k->ath9k has realistic
transfer rates of 4.17mbps TCP, 5.18mbps UDP and rates go back to the
6mbps we see earlier.

- Pushpal