[RFC 1/3] nl/cfg80211: add chan_time for scan request

Sunil Dutt usdutt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 08:56:26 EDT 2013

Hi Johannes and Michal ,
In this context I would also like to mention that there are also some
use cases ( Ex WiFi Positioning) ,  where good performance shall
result from using signals from as many Access Points as possible, a
fixed dwell / chan time in the host driver shall result in the poor
discovery efficiency of the Access Points,negatively impacting WiFi
positioning performance.

I would say such applications shall benefit by configuring a chan (dwell)_time.
Also,an attribute corresponding to the mode of the scan ( active /
passive ) , along with chan_time would benefit such applications with
more configurable options. Isn't it ?
Please correct me .

Regards,
Sunil