Patches from ARM folks solicited for the -stable tree

Jason Cooper armlinux at lakedaemon.net
Thu Nov 21 09:06:46 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 04:43:37AM +0000, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> Talking with Greg KH last month, he mentioned that the -stable maintainers
> aren't seeing enough patches from ARM SoC folks.  I'd assume this includes
> both subarchitecture and driver code.  So maybe this is something we can
> all change?

You mean we need to add bugs so we can fix them later?  In
Soviet-Russia... :-P

> These days it seems like I have about one patch per merge window that
> could be a stable candidate.

Yeah, we usually have 2 to 5 or so.  I think what may be happening is
that since we've pushed most code to drivers/, the stable changes end up
going through the driver trees.  Most of the ones we handle through
mvebu/arm-soc are fixes to dts{i} files.  Perhaps the pattern Greg's
noticing is a good thing?

thx,

Jason.