[ANNOUNCE] Alpine Linux Persistence and Storage Summit 2021

Christoph Hellwig hch at infradead.org
Fri Sep 3 03:25:58 PDT 2021

We proudly announce the 4th Alpine Linux Persistence and Storage Summit
(ALPSS), which will be held October 5th to 8th at the Lizumerhuette [1]
[2] in Austria.

The goal of this conference is to discuss the hot topics in Linux storage
and file systems, such as persistent memory, NVMe, zoned storage, and I/O
scheduling in a cool and relaxed setting with spectacular views in the
Austrian alps.

We plan to have a small selection of short and to the point talks with
lots of room for discussion in small groups, as well as ample downtime
to enjoy the surrounding.

Attendance is free except for the accommodation and food at the lodge [3],
but the number of seats is strictly limited.  If you are interested in
attending please reserve a seat by mailing your favorite topic(s) to:

	alpss-pc at lists.infradead.org

If you are interested in giving a short and crisp talk please also send
an abstract to the same address.

The Lizumerhuette is an Alpine Society lodge in a high alpine environment.
A hike of approximately 2 hours is required to the lodge, and no other
accommodations are available within walking distance.

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic special rules including travel
restrictions, mask and vaccination mandates are in place [4].  Please
check the travel restrictions careful for international travel.  We very
strongly recommend all attendees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

Thank you on behalf of the program committee:

    Christoph Hellwig
    Johannes Thumshirn
    Richard Weinberger

[1] http://www.tyrol.com/things-to-do/sports/hiking/refuge-huts/a-lizumer-hut
[2] https://www.glungezer.at/l-i-z-u-m-e-r-h-%C3%BC-t-t-e/
[3] approx. EUR 40-60 per person and night, depending on the room
    category
[4] https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information