Email agent setup

Keller, Jacob E jacob.e.keller at intel.com
Fri Oct 31 09:06:45 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-31 at 09:25 +0200, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-10-31 at 00:02 +0100, Robert Jarzmik wrote:
> > Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > I used postfix long time ago. There are some instructions in one of the
> > > text files, a little pipe to one of the dot files in home directory.
> > > Jacob Keller (in this list) set e-mail work-flow recently, so he could
> > > give more hints.
> >
> > Hi Artem,
> >
> > OK, postfix, I can try.
> >
> > When you say "I used" does that mean that you have found another way to ease up
> > your kernel maintainance burden with another tool ?
>
> I just do not use aiaiai with e-mail. Actually, I use it very little
> nowadays. Jacob Keller was using it extensively several months ago, and
> made a lot of improvements (see git log). He was using the e-mail
> workflow. Last time I used aiaiai, I had it connected to gerrit and got
> patches checked every time someone pushes one for gerrit review.
>
> Nowadays I sometimes run it from command line to check some patches.
>
> Jacob has the maintainers' role, but I did not hear from him lately.
> IIUC, he used postfix too, but I may be mistaken. The idea is to just
> make the e-mail client pipe e-mails to the aiaiai-lda script with the
> right options. The script will implement queuing, it will collect
> patches until the entire patch-set is collected, then pipe the entire
> patch-set to aiaiai-email-test-patchest. The latter will figure out the
> project the patch is against, and ultimately, pipe the patch-set (all
> patches will be contatenated to a single mbox) to aiaia-test-patchset.
>
> --
> Artem

Hi,

Yes, sorry for the delay responding here. I currently use maildrop to
connect to the aiaiai LDA. I have not responded much here because I've
actually been able to leave aiaiai running without manual intervention
for several months now. (yay!)

If you need, I can go into a bit more detail about the setup I use.

Thanks,
Jake