Email agent setup

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 00:25:55 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-31 at 00:02 +0100, Robert Jarzmik wrote:
> Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I used postfix long time ago. There are some instructions in one of the
> > text files, a little pipe to one of the dot files in home directory.
> > Jacob Keller (in this list) set e-mail work-flow recently, so he could
> > give more hints.
>
> Hi Artem,
>
> OK, postfix, I can try.
>
> When you say "I used" does that mean that you have found another way to ease up
> your kernel maintainance burden with another tool ?

I just do not use aiaiai with e-mail. Actually, I use it very little
nowadays. Jacob Keller was using it extensively several months ago, and
made a lot of improvements (see git log). He was using the e-mail
workflow. Last time I used aiaiai, I had it connected to gerrit and got
patches checked every time someone pushes one for gerrit review.

Nowadays I sometimes run it from command line to check some patches.

Jacob has the maintainers' role, but I did not hear from him lately.
IIUC, he used postfix too, but I may be mistaken. The idea is to just
make the e-mail client pipe e-mails to the aiaiai-lda script with the
right options. The script will implement queuing, it will collect
patches until the entire patch-set is collected, then pipe the entire
patch-set to aiaiai-email-test-patchest. The latter will figure out the
project the patch is against, and ultimately, pipe the patch-set (all
patches will be contatenated to a single mbox) to aiaia-test-patchset.

--
Artem