[wireless-regdb] [RFC] wireless-regdb: Update rules for 2.4GHz limit Republic of Korea (KR)

Andreas Mohr andi at lisas.de
Wed Sep 27 06:53:32 PDT 2017

Hello Mr. Forshee,

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 04:16:57PM -0400, Seth Forshee wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 04:49:42PM +0200, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> I can't read the document you reference above, and my own searches don't
> seem to turn up anything authoritative. I consider the source of the
> original 20 dBm limit reliable, but it was added in 2013 so it's
> possible things have changed since then.

Yes, my own Internet research didn't turn up much either.

> I'll give a few days for any other comments, and if there are none I
> will apply the change.

From my POV this is a very appreciable policy.

So:
- we've got a hard cert requirement
- provided specs are not nearly as hard (ahem)
- so, have it applied after some suitable complaint period
- then, this limit will be globally in effect in certain "less decipherable" countries ;-),
  and if there happens to be a problem, the properly country-prolific users there
  will then be able to
  provide much more precise/direct input as to
  whether or not currently chosen regulation settings are appropriate, *and why*

Thank you!

Andreas Mohr

--
¿umop apisdn upside down?