[wireless-regdb] Question about 5.8 GHz in E.U.

Ryan Mounce ryan at mounce.com.au
Thu Sep 7 05:52:02 PDT 2017

On 7 September 2017 at 22:13, Mathieu Peyréga <mathieu.peyrega at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Sorry, I'm kind of discovering all those wifi stuff and I'm not sure to
> follow your argument.
>
> What I can see in current DB version is that some E.U. countries have it
> enabled :
>
> e.g. Germany :
>
> |country DE: DFS-ETSI (2400 - 2483.5 @ 40), (100 mW) (5150 - 5250 @ 80),
> (100 mW), NO-OUTDOOR, AUTO-BW (5250 - 5350 @ 80), (100 mW), NO-OUTDOOR, DFS,
> AUTO-BW (5470 - 5725 @ 160), (500 mW), DFS # short range devices (ETSI EN
> 300 440-1) (5725 - 5875 @ 80), (25 mW) # 60 GHz band channels 1-4 (ETSI EN
> 302 567) (57000 - 66000 @ 2160), (40) |

Correct, I missed that as they are using different (yet equivalent) syntax.

So this range is defined for BG, DE, NL. This is still very much the
exception rather than the norm.

I maintain my opinion that these ranges should be removed on the basis
that it is very low power and poses a risk in the presence of
non-compliant devices.